Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
850-150qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a new HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop - 850-150qe with Windows 10 64 bit which came with Office 365 installed and a 30 day trial. I activated the trial and have two days left.

I purchased from Academic Superstore Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 - Lifetime License (WAH Download). I downloaded the the program and saved it on my hard drive. The instructions said to uninstall the current Office product unsing The Programs and Features menu from the Control Panel prior to installing the new purchase.

I uninstalled Office 365 and verified that it was no longer there. I then installed Office 2016 and everything looked good. My license key was showing in the product. A few minutes later Office 365 is back and all of my office products are tleeing me to renew.

I have uninstalled it three times from the Programs and Features menu and once from within ccleaner. Same thing happens each time.

How do I uninstall Office 365 from my machine forever so it does not come back?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @magicalmark,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are having trouble with an Office 2016 installation.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Try uninstalling all the versions of Office you find in Programs and Features, then restart your computer. Once the computer restarts check programs and features once more to be sure it is all gone. Then you may want to disable any antivirus software temporarily, to be sure it is not inhibiting the installation, then try installing and activating Windows 2016 again. Once it is in place then be sure to turn your Antivirus protection back on. See if that works.

If not you should try contacting Microsoft Support - support,micosoft.com

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I tried that several times already with no success.

Later last night I found on a different post on these forums a suggestion to go to settings. Click on System Display, notifications, apps, power. Click on Apps & features. Click on the Office app and then Uninstall.

It appeared to do the same thing as the last 5 times. I then installed Office 2016. It has been about 22 hours and Office 2016 is still working.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I spoke too soon. Office 365 is back and says my subscription has expired. I will try Microsoft.

HP Recommended

Here is a link for MS Office 365 questions.  Hope this helps. It already has a mention of the KEY.

What I believe is happening is Microsoft's attempt to imbed a registery KEY.  The KEY is a way to prohibit a trial version from being re-installed, as it would have the expiration date in the KEY.

Also there is another MS support person.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended
Hi, This Is ISTIAK AHMED, and Welcome to My Channel Technical Support Online. In This Channel, I'm Trying to Share My Experience and Work-Related Content. Those People Are Facing Technical Issue I Will Help/Support to Them. I Will Try To Give My Best Effort On a Certain Period. * You Can Contact ...
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.