Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (722 Views)

orange warning triangle on support assistant icon on PC

Product Name: pavillion23-q150na
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,I have an orange triangle with an exclamation mark on, on my support assistant icon on my taskbar. I cannot find why this is showing. It says 'recommended action required'.I have looked to see if i can see what needs doing  but cant find what. Iv done updates  so its not them,any ideas ? any help greatly appreciated thanks.Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (692 Views)

Re: orange warning triangle on support assistant icon on PC

[ Edited ]

Hello @lolly1960,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the HP Support Assistant, and wanted to help!

If you see an exclamation mark on the HP Support Assistant icon in the taskbar, it means there are updates or messages that need your attention. To learn how to review these messages, try the document provided here: 

Please post back with the results.  Let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (680 Views)

Re: orange warning triangle on support assistant icon on PC

Hi thanks but I had already done that,there were no updates or messages. I uninstalled the support assistant twice and reinstalled but still had  the warning triangle after the first reinstall so after uninstalling again, restarted and cleared all cookies etc with ccleaner. I reinstalled and updated the support assistant itself,this then showed one update which I did and it seems to be ok now

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation