Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pAVILION 595-P-0084
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELP......surely others have encountered this problem on a Pavilion 595-p0084, The "c" drive (128Gb SSD) only has 1.1Gb free space. This is a new computer and I have changed the settings so that everything coming in will go to drive"D) now. But when the "transfer" from my old computer took place, everything went to "C" and I have no room left for new programs etc. My "D" drive is 1Tb and almost empty.

Any help out there. I am semi-literate on computers, but certainly not that experienced, although I have been fooling with them since the Apple 2 days. I would sure appreciate any tips or suggestions or solutions to my problems.

Thanks in advance.

glenn heard

grh
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

It's still happening, Apple are still fooling people.

However....

Please follow the steps to set the location of your default download folder.

a)       Click on Start, then click on Computer

b)       Click on C:\ drive, and then click on User’s folder.

c)       Under user’s folder click on your user name, then click on Downloads, right click on downloads select Properties

d)       Click on the Location Tab.

e)       Under location tab Change the location to the require drive.

f)        Click on Apply, finally click OK.

Run Ccleaner to create some working space.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip. That will certainly help for the future.

grh
HP Recommended

I am sorry but it seems like you are "pulling my leg".

Out of all the steps you list, I can only find "start". No computer, no C;\ drive, then no user's folder etc. I said I was semi-literate on computers but I cannot find these steps.

grh
HP Recommended

Hi

Try individual items, like whatever browser you use, and set it's download path to D:\Downloads rather than whatever it currently is.

Have you managed to install Ccleaner?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.