Ranzer Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

switchable graphics not working (radeon r5 330 and intel hd 4400)

HP Slimline Desktop - 450-120d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I just bought this HP Slimline Desktop - 450-120d and tried using it with some games and some of them give me an error "Unrecognized video card." I tried switching them to high performance in the amd control center but still the same error.  What can I do to fix this?

6 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45223 4256 10772
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your PC is a desktop, not a notebook.

Desktop PCs do not have switchable graphics. That is a high-end notebook feature. The Omen 15 has it.

When a video card is installed, the Intel HD graphics is disabled and the video you have is proviided by the video card only.

Which specific games did you try to run?

There is a website called Can I run it? that willl give you a report on the hardware in your PC and specific games

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

If your PC won't run specific games it could be because of the entry level graphics and Intel CPU that is installed in the motherboard.

Your desktop PC is not meant for gaming. It is an entry level productivity desktop PC.

You can say thanks for my help by clicking on the Thumbs up .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Ranzer Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply erico, I tried going to that site to countless times too to double check and they always throw me this info.

Spoiler
1.png

I tried running the sims 4 64x bit mode because of this specs. but it always throw me unrecognized video card error also heres the link to the hp
product
http://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c04783077

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45223 4256 10772
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It does not look like you ran the test for the game. You should have had a result which stated that you can or you can not run the game. See the following result I got for GTA V

Some games have issues with some video cards.

I have had Steam games in the past that wouldn't run on NVIDIA cards, but that had no issues with Radeon HD video cards.

I am fortunate to posess a number of PVCIe x16 video cards of different makes, so I swap out the offending video card. 

If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Eswarkumarr Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

in case your switchable graphics not working we are providing a clear solution below.

Desktop PCs do not have switchable graphics. That is a high-end notebook feature. The Omen 15 has it.

When a video card is installed, the Intel HD graphics is disabled and the video you have is provided by the video card only. There is worked for me. And check out our Gabe Newell Simulator system requirements for your pc.

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
224 8 42
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds to me it's nothing more than turning off or adjusting the settings in the device manager. (Turn off one card, activate the other) sort of thing. Never tried it myself. But seems plausible.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45223 4256 10772
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is an old post from two years ago.

In order to keep this thread's content relevant and the forum current, I will be blocking new replies.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation