Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
H P Pavilion g7 1167DX series Notebook P C
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How do you disable the scrollpad on the note book PC when using an external wired mouse?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try double-tapping the top left corner of the touchpad - this will usually toggle between Enabled/Disabled.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try double-tapping the top left corner of the touchpad - this will usually toggle between Enabled/Disabled.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Tryed that earlier and got nothing then success ! Thanks.  Never give up! Bobh5312

HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

This was not helpful at all for me, neither was any other thread or were your reps for tech support on the phone.

I tried for 2 hours trying to mess with my touchpad and mouse settings. I then called HP Tech Support and asked them how to tell if my touchpad was disabled or enabled, they told me that they would have to charge me $70-100 to tell me how to do it. I will admit, I was a little upset and told them "That's outrageous. So, if I call just to find out how to change my profile pic, I am going to be charged the same?" The rep said yes, any tech support will be the same. Keep in mind, this was with my laptop being out of warranty. I told them "That is ridiculous and I was not going to pay $70-100 just to give me instructions on where to find if my touchpad was disabled or not." The rep then proceeded with "Ma'am if you are not going to pay the fee, then I need to disable to call. Have a good day, goodbye.",  and hang up! To me, that was a little upsetting because he could have said it in a better way and pause for a second after telling me because he said bye and just hung up, such as "Ma'am, if you are not going to pay the fee then, unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to help other than tell you to go online and see if a support question can help." Nope, just hung up right after I said I was not going to pay the fee. Then I called back to leave a review, was told I was going to be transferred and I was discounted. 

Turns out, all I did to fix the issue was to turn off my computer and turn it back on. Wow, I really should have been charged $70+ just for a one-minute conversation to tell me that, huh? Advice could have at least been given to turn off my computer to see if that fixes it before having to pay the fee. Thanks HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.