cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glenhaven
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

upgraded to windows 10 dvd not recognized or found on device manager looking for soft where driver ?

HP Recommended
HP Slimline s5-1020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded to Windows 10 and DVD not working now. Like so many others. Has anyone found a software driver  to fix this. ?  

4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,420 122,597 20,160 30,935
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to go through the methods Microsoft listed to fix the issue.

When the DVD drive has completely disappeared from the device manager or windows explorer, Method 6 is the one that most often resolves the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or...

0 Kudos
glenhaven
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, I've tried it but still not working.  I think I have to go back to windows 7 as windows 10 is not compatable with my   Hitachi DVD/CD-RW  .

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,420 122,597 20,160 30,935
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry those Microsoft tips didn't work for you.

0 Kudos
Lukeskywelder
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glen and Paul,

Sorry for the intrusion but I found this thread when I was searching for a solution for the same problem.

After many attempts to get a second SATA HDD to be recognized and succeeding I tried to install some software using my DVD+RW and then I found out that Win 10 Pro no longer saw my DVD RW. I saw it referenced in BIOS but not in the OS. I tried a different DVD RW and though it showed up in BIOS it did not in Win 10 Pro.

Besides this thread I stumbled on the following HP support web sight:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370738

I kept trying the suggested steps till I got to this: Step 4: Reset the computer power

I followed the instructions and the HP Elite 8200 SFF took a long time to start but when I went to File Explorer I finally saw the DVD+RW and finished installing the software [at about 12:20 a.m. >: -(  ]

I know this is a bit late for you, Glen, but if you ever upgrade back to Windows 10 the suggestions in the link may help.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation