Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-r0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my New 2018 hp all in one, has still not offered me the latest windows update 1809 ? hoping you can shed some light on why its not  ? all my kids computers are on the new update ? only have any ideas why ?? windows online hepler just said to push it on  to the new build but ! I so if i do this before its offered ! will this mean i will end uo doing over and over each new windows build. i get rid of my last computer because of the very same problem 😞 thanks for any help offered 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Nobody will be able to tell you why your PC hasn't got the update from Microsoft yet.

As far as I can tell, it is purely random.

Only one of my PC's got the 1809 update from Windows Update.

I clicked on the blue Update Now button from the link below to update the rest of my PC's to v1809.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once the update is installed, it is not going to be reinstalled.

However, it appears that Microsoft will still be updating W10 with new build release in the future, so we will have to go through this all over again.

None of my PC's came with W10, so I have been dealing with all of the new releases since W10 came out in July of 2015.

And many times, I have to finagle around trying to get the sound and other devices to work again afterward.

Going from 1803 to 1809 was pretty painless.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Nobody will be able to tell you why your PC hasn't got the update from Microsoft yet.

As far as I can tell, it is purely random.

Only one of my PC's got the 1809 update from Windows Update.

I clicked on the blue Update Now button from the link below to update the rest of my PC's to v1809.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once the update is installed, it is not going to be reinstalled.

However, it appears that Microsoft will still be updating W10 with new build release in the future, so we will have to go through this all over again.

None of my PC's came with W10, so I have been dealing with all of the new releases since W10 came out in July of 2015.

And many times, I have to finagle around trying to get the sound and other devices to work again afterward.

Going from 1803 to 1809 was pretty painless.

HP Recommended

Hi thinks for your time.  

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I ended up pushing  it on to 1809 this morning and only took  about 40min and seems to be running fine. Fingers crossed it auto updates for the next one. Many Thanks again Gavin. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.