Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce018dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got an ASUS monitor this Christmas, which is 144hz. However, even though it still works, it does not work at 144hz. Instead, it works at 60hz which is not my desired refresh rate. My graphics card is a GTX 1050, and although not a very good graphics card, I've seen some websites saying that this graphics card is able to support 144hz. I've tried multiple connection types: DisplayPort to HDMI, DVI to mini DisplayPort, and HDMI to HDMI. Is this an issue with the computer, or the monitor?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@TheProPickler wrote:

I got an ASUS monitor this Christmas, which is 144hz.

@TheProPickler 

Firstly your machine ONLY has  15.6" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) part #  752920-019 which NOT a 144Hz monitor. Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05835485

Your external monitor supports 144Hz ? Please use DisplayPort to HDMI version 2.0, not version 1.2 nor 1.4/1.,4b).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I am not talking about the laptop itself, I am talking about connecting a monitor to my laptop, which works with 60hz, but I'm trying to find out if it will work with 144hz.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.