Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 22-3160na (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently had a HD failure and put a new 1TB HD in my pc and since I reinstalled windows 10 64bit every time I try to install the apu graphics driver from AMD website it freezes every couple of seconds until I roll back to the basic Microsoft display driver. It also does it it if I let windows updates and finds the driver for me. I have not added any upgrades in the form of RAM and no changes have been made a part from the hard drive. Not sure what the issue is and would appreciate any help in this matter.

AMD Beema A6-6310: Integrated AMD Radeon R4 Series Graphics

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MarkyP7115

Welcome to the HP support community.

Try to update the driver from the HP support webpage,

Here is the direct link for the display adapter:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I have installed and tested the old catalyst driver which works though would prefer to use the adrenaline but no matter which one I use I get the 2 second freezes.  

HP Recommended

@MarkyP7115

I understand your concerns.

Please perform the system file check.

1) Select Start, and in the search box, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator. 

2) Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/"). 

3) Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/"). 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.