06-09-2012 12:27 AM
I am running the Win8 Release preview (64-bit) and using the HP 2311x monitor over HDMI.
This worked fine on Win7, but on Win8 the 1920x1080 display is scrunched in the middle and has a black border around all four edges. Switching to 1024x768 uses the full area of the screen (no borders).
I am using the driver "HP 2311 Series Wide LCD Monitor" - 8/16/2010, 126.96.36.199 (monitor.sys 6.2.8400)
My video driver is AMD Radeon HD 7400 Series (Engineering Sample - WDDM v1.20) - 4./27/2012 - 188.8.131.52
06-09-2012 09:13 AM
Looks like this might be a problem with the AMD Radeon HD drivers. Another user posted a similar problem here http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)