Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 27VC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey so I help out with a robotics team and one of of computer monitors randomly stopped working. No display not found, no lights in the front or anything just the power led in the back. Any ideas on what this could be?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jphilp,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are not getting any display on the monitor.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Unplug the monitor power cable, wait about 30 seconds, reconnect the cable and then turn on the monitor. This resets the electronics on the monitor.
  • If the monitor has a detachable video cable, obtain a second monitor cable for testing purposes in case the cable is bad.
  • Disconnect all connected devices except the mouse, keyboard, and monitor. This includes removing thumb drives and camera-type memory cards from card reader slots.
  • Connect another monitor to the computer to determine which device has the problem (the monitor or the computer). If you do not have an extra monitor, then connect the computer to a TV.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.