Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 290 G1 with I5-8500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my Desktop System with a WQHD (2560x1440) Monitor.

Is this possible?

If yes, @which refreshrate, 60Mhz @best

As far as I know the UHD 630 graphic of Gen8 Intel processors should be able to use WQHD.

Beside this it may depend on HP to support it.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DECnet 

Its specs

https://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4aa6-9984eee.pdf

It has HDMI port but HP does not say which version. I believe at least it is HDMI 1.4b and if yes, you can use  WQHD (2560x1440)  screen

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, but this doesn't help, as I still knew the QuickSpecs.

Where can I get the right answer to solve my Problem?

I need a new monitor and prefer a WQHD Model, so I need the HDMI Version of my PC and its refreshrate of the graphic system in WQHD Mode.

Maybe someone else can help ...

HP Recommended

Anyone any idea?

I know from the past that it's hard to get informations like this from HP/HP Inc., but maybe someone can help ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.