Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1204 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have hp Pavillion Slimline S5-1204, ,Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz,Memory: 8192MB RAM, Available OS Memory: 8096MB RAM.

Display device specs: Intel(R) HD Graphics,Display Memory: 1664 MB,Dedicated Memory: 32 MB,Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz),Monitor Name: HP LE2001w Wide LCD Monitor,Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.000Hz),Driver Model: WDDM 1.2. This monitor is connected through vga to vga cable.

Now i am trying to install 2nd monitor with DVI to VGA adapter. 2nd monitor is Dell make model SE198WFPV but my pc is not detecting it. Dell monitor work individually with this PC but not when installed along with 1st hp monitor through DVI to VGA adapter. Please advise. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

am i not getting answers because my 2nd monitor is not of hp make?

Appreciate if you can advise.

Thanks, KC

HP Recommended

@kc495 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand the second monitor is not detecting.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

AS you have stated that you are connected the monitor with DVI to VGA adapter.

Have you tried with different adapter?

Please try to connect with different ports and check.

Please refer to the below link to HP Desktop PCs - Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 😎

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04641829

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.