Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ALL-in-one - 24-g016
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I need help .  My HDMI port stopped displaying any images .

Brand 2nd new monitor  which worked fine.

Desktop is  a few years old.  did not install anything regarding drivers or hardware other then the monitor.

Windows  Version 10.0.18362.720

went to the https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers site

updated bios

deleted my graphic drivers and update them with the most recent intel graphics driver. 

i work in finance and am quarantined at home due to the recent health dangers and require two monitors to do my job.  I am running out of time, patients as i have spent over 5 hours wasting my time troubleshooting this.  PC was bounced numerous times after i delete the video driver and both screens work with default display settings. Then the os loads the old driver automatically and disables my 2nd screen. I have tested my HDMI on another laptop and it works fine.  I have expanded my display in the DISPLAY options dialogue box.  I have tried to detect multiple displays.  I have tried every possible recommendation other then taking a sledge hammer to this garbage for a Desktop.   Please help. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GetADellNxtime Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the 2nd monitor won't pick up HDMI.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue,

As you have stated that you have already updated the drivers.

I would suggest you please update the windows update and check.

Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue still persists, please perform the system reset.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.