Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Other

Model number: 2UD96AA#ABU

I bought this monitor a few weeks ago and it worked just fine for a while when hooked up to either my MacBook or my windows PC . I used it in unison with my other monitor of the same model. However, recently it started to act really strange by flashing flashes white, red, green blue. I resolved this for a while by angling the monitor forwards which brought back the display. Initally put it down to the HDMI cable and left the issue alone but it was only a temperory fix as it started permanently flashing. I changed the HDMI cable but still nothing. I can't even do a factory reset because I cannot see the menu. 

Please help. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HUSNUSKUS

I reviewed your post and I understand the monitor displays red blue and green and doesn’t display anything else.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you checked the monitor on a different Windows computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the graphics driver on the computer and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@HUSNUSKUS

I reviewed your post and I understand the monitor displays red blue and green and doesn’t display anything else.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you checked the monitor on a different Windows computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the graphics driver on the computer and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @The_Fossette,

I just got off the phone with HP customer support and they have decided to recall the monitor and replace it.

Thanks anyways! 🙂

HP Recommended

@HUSNUSKUS

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello me from peanut gallery

many modern monitors have self test mode

even no PC connected

SOME HAVED  3 color test patterns inside the OSD menu (and button same name)

do this,

1; pull pc cable off monitor. (video/data)

2: pull ac cord off. power off.

3: let sit 1/2hr + and put back cord AC

4: then power on monitor and click the menu button on monitor under 15seconds

if fail power off mon and repeat step 4

then look for test pattern options in OSD menu

mine as 4 choices, RGB , and cyces them and last  huge color bar pattern.   the best monitors have this.

but all reset if power is pulled.

id do not have full documents on this exact model mon.  just have lots experience with vast makers  MON. for decades./

some monitors now have service mode,(my dell does)

not saying yours has  this but I never fail to look first, not all brands and models or years the same we simply look/

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.