Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello
I would like to reactivate the touch screen of my machine that I had disconnected in the device manager under W7. I am currently using W10 which has upgraded all the drivers (generic for the most part) and the device manager mentions HID compatible controllers, screens and pens. These are well activated. But no effect even after uninstalling and installing them. What do you think about it ?
Thank you for your insights.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MIKE_44 -- is there a two-key combination, such as "hold-down the FN key, and tap the F10 key", to enable/disable the touch-screen?

HP Recommended

Yes indeed there is the key combination type Fn F9 which should do the job under W7 but since W10 the keyboard drivers have been migrated to the generic Microsoft versions and the specific Fn are inactive (for example the screen brightness ...)

HP Recommended

@MIKE_44 -- the keyboard drivers have been migrated to the generic Microsoft versions

[[ insert inappropriate swear-words here ]] 

Have you searched the web-site of the manufacturer of the keyboard for a specific device-driver to supersede the "generic" device-driver? 

I wonder if the "generic" device-drivers in Windows 11 will include the support for those functions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.