Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 55E958C5-7DF6-4358-B290-CA65EA0067DC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC only has a single 15 pin VDU female output (no PCI/PCIx card).  I would like to be able to run two screens with separate programs.  I know I will need a graphics card with two outputs.  The screens I have just have a 15 pin and a 24 pin (I currently use the 15 pin) on one and the spare only has a 15 pin. Neither have HDMI inputs.  The programs I want to use are not gaming so I assume I don't require anything special.  Can somebody give me ideas for UK purchase.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello
to start the best would be to give the exact reference of the computer, and screens

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Sorry for missing the necessary information..

My Pavilion PC has these codes showing on the underside.

Product # N8X12EA#ABU

S/N CZC63182WD

My screen is a Dell 22” DP/N 0D544H

PL 0D544H-70717-B73-093M-A00

This screen has the 15 and 24 pin sockets (15 currently being used).

My spare screen that I want to add is a Dell 17” E170SC

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I did not understand if you already have the two models ??
I can't find the first one, with the given reference ..
I found the second one, but it looks quite old, it would be VGA only!
your computer must be this one

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-550-100-desktop-pc-series/8499648/model/11926383/do...

So you have a vga port, and a visiblmeent HDMIOrchid3 back I/O panel

2 vga

3 hdmi

Can't you install an HDMI display
Your screen seems to be connected in VGA.
Isn't the second port a dvi ??
what type exactly? ( dvi-d  d?? )

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03319404

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, that is my PC with an unused hdmi and a single  VGA. The 22” has a vga, which I am using and what I guess is a DTI. This has 8 pins in 3 rows and a slot. When I was looking for the model number there was a label “reburnished” which I didn’t understand as it was bought with a new Dell PC! Getting back to my question, does the hdmi output on the pc give a separate output to the VGA one. May I should buy a new monitor with hdmi?  If not then I assume an add-on PCI/PCIx graphics card Would need to have two outputs for win10 to control a programme on each? If it needs an additional graphics card can you recommend one - nothing fancy.

HP Recommended

Yes, it is not specified, it seems to me in the characteristics, but you must be able to use a screen in vga, and one in HDMI

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I added a Samsung Smart Tv via a HDMI lead and I could view a program by dragging the window over to it from the original 22” Dell.  So your theory works . Unfortunately, the wife isn’t happy as it came from ‘her’ room !!! Now I am wondering if one of those hdmi to VGA devices would work.  Thanks for your support and ideas so far.

HP Recommended

I don't know if I understood your last question correctly
If you want to know, if it is possible to connect a vga display with the HDMI output, I have never tried
I know you need an adapter, but be careful, because sometimes what you buy is a simple adapter, you need a converter.
And this is not always well explained!
So I don't have a concrete example

I don't know if I understood your last question correctly
If you want to know, if it is possible to connect a vga display with the HDMI output, I have never tried
I know you need an adapter, but be careful, because sometimes what you buy is a simple adapter, you need a converter.
And this is not always well explained!
So I don't have a concrete example
The best would be to go to a specialized store
Please close the subject, validating the answer, if that suits you

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I gave up on connecting an old Dell 17" screen to Pavilion (details above).  I am now thinking of buying a new HP 22" that has a HDMI connection.  Perhaps model No. 4274510.  Will this work please?

HP Recommended

Maybe you have a link, I don't think I can find it with this simple number?
having said that, if the display is HDMI, I don't see why it wouldn't work ...

[edit]

is it this one ?

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c05557218

1 VGA
1 HDMI
So, I can't tell you about the quality, but yes, it must be able to work!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.