G4MHJ
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Adding a video card for two screens

HP Recommended
Pavilion 55E958C5-7DF6-4358-B290-CA65EA0067DC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC only has a single 15 pin VDU female output (no PCI/PCIx card).  I would like to be able to run two screens with separate programs.  I know I will need a graphics card with two outputs.  The screens I have just have a 15 pin and a 24 pin (I currently use the 15 pin) on one and the spare only has a 15 pin. Neither have HDMI inputs.  The programs I want to use are not gaming so I assume I don't require anything special.  Can somebody give me ideas for UK purchase.

9 REPLIES 9
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,944 4,878 538 2,145
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
to start the best would be to give the exact reference of the computer, and screens

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
G4MHJ
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for missing the necessary information..

My Pavilion PC has these codes showing on the underside.

Product # N8X12EA#ABU

S/N CZC63182WD

My screen is a Dell 22” DP/N 0D544H

PL 0D544H-70717-B73-093M-A00

This screen has the 15 and 24 pin sockets (15 currently being used).

My spare screen that I want to add is a Dell 17” E170SC

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,944 4,878 538 2,145
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did not understand if you already have the two models ??
I can't find the first one, with the given reference ..
I found the second one, but it looks quite old, it would be VGA only!
your computer must be this one

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-550-100-desktop-pc-series/8499648/model/11926383/do...

So you have a vga port, and a visiblmeent HDMIOrchid3 back I/O panel

2 vga

3 hdmi

Can't you install an HDMI display
Your screen seems to be connected in VGA.
Isn't the second port a dvi ??
what type exactly? ( dvi-d  d?? )

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03319404

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
G4MHJ
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, that is my PC with an unused hdmi and a single  VGA. The 22” has a vga, which I am using and what I guess is a DTI. This has 8 pins in 3 rows and a slot. When I was looking for the model number there was a label “reburnished” which I didn’t understand as it was bought with a new Dell PC! Getting back to my question, does the hdmi output on the pc give a separate output to the VGA one. May I should buy a new monitor with hdmi?  If not then I assume an add-on PCI/PCIx graphics card Would need to have two outputs for win10 to control a programme on each? If it needs an additional graphics card can you recommend one - nothing fancy.

0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,944 4,878 538 2,145
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it is not specified, it seems to me in the characteristics, but you must be able to use a screen in vga, and one in HDMI

G4MHJ
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I added a Samsung Smart Tv via a HDMI lead and I could view a program by dragging the window over to it from the original 22” Dell.  So your theory works . Unfortunately, the wife isn’t happy as it came from ‘her’ room !!! Now I am wondering if one of those hdmi to VGA devices would work.  Thanks for your support and ideas so far.

0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,944 4,878 538 2,145
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't know if I understood your last question correctly
If you want to know, if it is possible to connect a vga display with the HDMI output, I have never tried
I know you need an adapter, but be careful, because sometimes what you buy is a simple adapter, you need a converter.
And this is not always well explained!
So I don't have a concrete example

I don't know if I understood your last question correctly
If you want to know, if it is possible to connect a vga display with the HDMI output, I have never tried
I know you need an adapter, but be careful, because sometimes what you buy is a simple adapter, you need a converter.
And this is not always well explained!
So I don't have a concrete example
The best would be to go to a specialized store
Please close the subject, validating the answer, if that suits you

0 Kudos
G4MHJ
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I gave up on connecting an old Dell 17" screen to Pavilion (details above).  I am now thinking of buying a new HP 22" that has a HDMI connection.  Perhaps model No. 4274510.  Will this work please?

0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,944 4,878 538 2,145
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe you have a link, I don't think I can find it with this simple number?
having said that, if the display is HDMI, I don't see why it wouldn't work ...

[edit]

is it this one ?

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c05557218

1 VGA
1 HDMI
So, I can't tell you about the quality, but yes, it must be able to work!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation