Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b239
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the following ports and none seem to allow me to plug in a second monitor. Any suggestions? 

1. USB 2.0: 2
  2. USB 3.0: 1
  3. LAN (Ethernet)
  4. HDMI out
  5. USB-C: 1
  6. USB 3.0 charging: 1
    The monitor has HDMI and VGA. 
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tjay2 

Machine has HDMI out port. A direct HDMI cable from machine to monitor should work. Please open Display and click Detect to see what it says

(a) Hold down Win key then press letter I,

(b) Select System (the first item),

(c) Go down and click Detect.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

When I do that it doesn't detect anything. However, when I look at my Radeon display options the monitor appears there. When I plug the second monitor in it says no signal... then HDMI input is connected. click OK to automatically switch to HDMI. But there is nowhere to click OK. lol

HP Recommended

I got it working and I feel really stupid.  I couldn't find the buttons on the new monitor to make the necessary changes. I have since found the appropriate button and have two screens working in extended mode. Thanks for your help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.