Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All in One g237c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had to reinstall the OS because of Malware and now that its up and running the touch screen and web cam do not work.  Have attempted to find drivers but the HP site doesn't show those drivers for my machine.   It is an All-in-One with a Touchscreen and Webcam so why can't I download those drivers or supporting software?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@realeightmeg

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 
I understand that your HP notebook webcam and touchscreen is not working correctly and you want to install them. I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

System recovery has failed.  Recovery Tool Downloaded run and then failed.   Please just send me a link to the Touch Software and WebCam driver!   I had this system working with Windows 10 and now its not working because of this recommendation.   All I ever wanted was to download the software that enables the Touch Screen and WebCam.  Now I have nothing.   I can reinstall Windows 10  the way I did it from the Microsoft Installer

Show me from this list what I should be downloading:

(I already tried the MEI under Drivers and Displays)

I am told there should be a Human Interface driver.  Nothing.   I checked Device Manager, nothing.   

Drivers.JPGbut I can't use the touch Screen or webcam.   IMG_8448.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.