Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 520-1207er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

It seems like PC is operational in general, however, when power is turned ON, screen shows nothing (just black screen). At the same time, it looks like O/S is loaded OK (behind the black screen). General feeling is display highlighting is broken. 

Attempt to access Service Center did not give any results. Service man just turned power On, advised that all is bad and said that it is veeeeeeery old PC (purchased in Y2012) and more likely they do not have spare parts. And even they will find something, the repair cost will be abnormally high (at the same time he did not do any checks/review, advising "Just by my experience). Not being funny, but my first HP notebook purchased about 20 years ago and still operational without problems!

So my questions are:

1. What might be a reason for the black screen

2. Is this issue repairable? (Note: hard reset does not help)

3. Is there HP Service Center in Moscow (Russia)? Most of Service centers suggested - are just third-party centers.

4. Is there a spare parts for my PC available?

Thank You.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

1. What might be a reason for the black screen (a bad back lamps set or driver board to them)

2. Is this issue repairable? (Note: hard reset does not help) ALL PC made can be repaired, just like cars, for sure 20 years or less old.) any shop that fixes PC can do this , ask them? Even Ebay and Amazon both have used or NOS parts for sale.

3. Is there HP Service Center in Moscow (Russia)? Most of Service centers suggested - are just third-party centers.\

why do you say JUST< vast shops on earth can fix this PC, it is just one part broken,.

4. Is there a spare parts for my PC available? ( yes, ebay and amazon or  just google for them)  endless parts exist on earth vast stores and person selling parts new or use or NOS ,  if you even google the part that is bad, that is after finding which part is bad. (backlamps actual or the PCB card that drives them)

the parts are here, most not sold but the list for sure helps.  hp parts surfer dot com.  use YOUR PRODUCT #

2 models in Russia

https://partsurfer.hp.com/WSearch.aspx?Wchar=Y&searchText=520-1207er

Panel Back Light FFC (LG 6pin) 250mm

23 Converter Board

Motherboard - Lavaca-SB H61

my guess(not me dining tests by hand and meters) the above is failing the links show real P/N HP>

just because HP has no parts does not mean the whole world is dry of parts, used, NOS, refurb or even new.

Ask  any PC tech in town not HP, OK? and see new answer I Promise.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Thank You so much. I believe problem with particular Service man at the Service Center. My thoughts were the same.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.