Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 convertible workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New laptop, provided with discount by TU Delft for a lot of students. It comes with the HP Active Pen. 

I want to deactivate the annoying message HP Pen is out of range. 

I've deactivated the pen alerts in the HP pen control app (installed by default) by unchecking the alerts box . But after a restart the box is checked once again.

Notice  the default is Pen settings which does not have any option to activate or deactivate alerts. 

I've deleted the HP pen control app, this did not solve the popups

It is possible to download other pen settings applications, but maybe the popup can be deactivated with the control panel or 

anything else.

Any idea to get rid of the Pen is Out of range popup?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Same issue here... very annoying

HP Recommended

I also have the same issue, but ... I don't mind having the software on there (if it's useful) ... but my pen won't wake up unless I literally plug it in, which seems insane.

So I don't so much wish to turn it off, more ... make it actually mean something, because I can't make it go away even by 'activating' the pen!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.