Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
TouchSmart 520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

from time to time without understanding when or why (I thought it was to show up updates to be installed or internet connection lost but it was not), all icons (menu, task bar, edge tab) are barred (single thin line from up left to Bottom right).

It does not prevent from using the system as far as I can see but does anybody know the meaning of that ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

It might be helpful if  you could attach a picture of the icon when it appears that way.  Not clear as to which one is being effected.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

IconesBarrées-ScreenShot.jpgIconesBarrées-ScreenShot2.jpg

Fortunately (or not ;-)) this occured today once again so that I could snapshot it.

Hope it is more clear now.

HP Recommended

Well that definitely is more clear.  I have never seen that, however.  

Perhaps some others will chime in.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hello
you would need the exact model of the pc with n °
product P / n
It may be a simple pilot problem!
since when do you meet this problem, no updates, or special handling?

Bonjour
il faudrait le modèle exact du pc avec n°
produit P/n
Il est possible que ce soit un simple problème de pilote !
depuis quand rencontres tu ce problème, pas de mises à jour, ou manipulations particulière ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

IMG_20200224_163153.jpg

So that, is appears that Product is : 658 283-ZH1

Serial number : 3CR1340RB5

I am likely making a mistake with these references as the HP support website does not recognize these :-((

It is HP SmartTouch 520 running Family Windows 10 1903

updates are done as available. As said, it occurs from time to time with no obvious connection to updates, new programs or any identified handling for several years 

It is occuring right now and I think that it would disappear if I reboot. But for the time being, in case or quick answers from you guys experts will require additional checks I let it as it is...

I dont know whether it is linked but I am loosing  the cursor in the input field (as the current one)

Any idea ?

HP Recommended

520-1020fr

HP Recommended

64 bits

(current RAM is 8Go increased from 4Go  one month ago , but same behavior with 4Go and 8Go

HP Recommended

indeed the product number must be this:
LN626EA

HP TouchSmart 520-1020fr Desktop PC 
You can just try reinstalling the graphics driver!

But obviously nothing under windows 10 here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-touchsmart-520-1000-desktop-pc-series/5146296/mo...

try scan :

Trouver les drivers et pilotes en téléchargement, mise à jour PC

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.