Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24UH
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Okay so i have these black lines on every edge of my moniter, but the one on the top is really big and there is like a little gap over it, so i feel like it covers up a lot of my moniter. 

I think i have tried everything i could find on google but nothing works.

I use hdmi.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GustavBladt Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the black lines on the monitor screen.

Please let us know if it appears on the BIOS screen as well.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Please update the graphics drivers and check. Also, update the BIOS as well.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

test the monitor on 2nd PC, oops monitor is bad?

run the monitor , by pushing OSD  button on monitor and see of OSD has back lines. (can be done no PC at all)

connect TV to PC via, HDMI cable if black lines on TV the PC needs service, GPU  issues)

some OSD menu's on some nicer monitors or this one, have test pattern test,  full color.  

here is mine,  but most old monitors do not have self test patterns, or colors,  but the OSD menu if a mess , monitor is bad.

so the OSD itself is a test pattern but sure limited to small portion of the screen... (limited)

I have stand alone box that makes patterns. on any monitor made, so that I never have to wonder in my shop.

but yah, nothing works better and faster (lacking pro tools) is test the monitor on any 2nd PC. even laptops have external ports.

VGA , DP or HDMI. (look for them)

OSD button marked MENU,  means On screen display this is the monitors brain inside, and needs no PC to do that if you.

1: power on monitor,

2: in under 15 seconds push MENU on monitor bezel.

if fail do it 1 more time faster.

the OSD may have line marked service,  and then show white screen.  bingo.

most older monitors do not have test patterns, but I ALWAYS  look first, there are no 2 monitors the same even different versions of 1 are not the same. WE look first, it really saves time,  to me time is #1 ,

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.