Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a HP 27x monitor. The are 5-10mm black borders around the side and top of the screen. The advertising on the packaging indicates the screen should go all the way to the edges, I would not have bought it if I had known it didn't. Have tried  different display settings with my graphics card (overscan/underscan/gpu resolution scaling/updated drivers etc) and nothing fixes it. Anyone know of a fix for this?

Also, the packaging makes it seem as if there are led lights all along the bottom bracket, however, there is only one in the centre middle. 

I had to replace the first one I bought because it came with dead pixels. Got a replacement. The second one's front panel isn't even connected properly and has a gap about half way along, where it was not glued/connected properly. 

My decision to purchase it was influenced by the packaging, and given the price I'm really disappointed with this product.   Just want to know if there's a way to fix the border issue at least?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
can you give me the ad link?
It’s a big mistake for me!
To have tested several screens Whether it is HP or other:
If there is a 5/10 mm border on the sides at the top, and like me, nothing at the bottom.
There is absolutely nothing we can do, it's the slab that is like this
For the rest, if the screen does not suit you, according to what you indicate, an umpteenth replacement, will it be satisfactory ..?
in your place, I would try to get a refund, and I would choose another model
If possible, which is not currently the case, by going to see directly in a shop, how is the screen!
The ads, the descriptions, are not always the best!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

This is the same image that appears on the packaging.This is the same image that appears on the packaging.

This image is the same as what appears on the packaging. 

vs

Reality

IMG_20201031_194810.jpgIMG_20201031_194829.jpg

Thanks very much for your reply!

At least now I know it's not just a settings issue. 

Unfortunately, due to covid I couldn't see it in store. 

I do still think it's disappointing that they have example pictures on the packaging that are not reflective of the actual product. 

O'well!

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Often there is a mandatory mention
non contractual image, it is well found ..
You don't have the ad link, is it just on the packaging?
That said, unfortunately there is nothing I can do for you, I am 99% certain that the product is like this ..

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have looked a bit on the net, and most show a bad image
I saw the difference on a site where there is a video
https://www.digitalife.com.mx/producto/48061/monitor-led-tn-27-hp-3wl52aa-full-hd-1080p-144hz-freesy...

I think we have to pay attention to what is mentioned here:

https://store.hp.com/Canadastore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=3WL52AA&opt=ABA&sel=MTO

Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)

61.36 x 5.56 x 37.86 cm

Display area (metric)

59.76 x 33.61 cm

I'm not sure that's the difference, but it looks good to me!

Please mark the answer, it might help other users @JonD90 

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.