Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 20 b115l.
Microsoft Windows XP

So basically the computer starts normally with the usual sounds and I also hear Windows booting perfectly, except with nothing showing on screen. Weirdly, however, the screen flashes the HP logo and then even the Windows desktop, both for a split second and then it goes black again. hopefully meaning that the display is not entirely out

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Edit:  in fact I found out that the screen is not completely black, I can difficultly see the desktop when using a torch on it.

HP Recommended

@NadirGamer I'm afraid that means there's either an issue with the LCD backlight or there's an issue with the graphics card drivers, I suggest you restart the device and Tap on F10 to access the BIOS screen and check if the issue occurs on it as well, if it doesn't, you may need to reinstall the drivers of your graphics card using the below steps:

Step 1: Right-click on the Start button on the taskbar and then click Device Manager to open the same.

Step 2: In the Device Manager, expand Display adapters to see your graphics, video or display card entry. If you have multiple video cards, all of them will appear here.

Step 3: Note down the video or graphics card name and model number. Visit the graphics card manufacturer’s website or your PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest version of the driver for your video card or PC model.

If you need a torch to view the BIOS screen as well, this could be a hardware malfunction and I'll let you know what's next, after you let me know.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Riddle for your response

The screen is in fact near black even in the BIOS, it's definitely a hardware issue.

And what happened is that the computer was left until it went onto screen saver, and then the turnoff of the screen (as is the default power configuration), but then the screen did not turn on again, so I think something went wrong at that particular moment

HP Recommended

@NadirGamer

I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options since this is a Hardware issue

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.