Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Touchsmart 23-h009 All in one.
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Can someone tell me how to connect an external monitor to this computer please? There doesn't seem to be any appropriate ports to attach an external monitor. There are only USB ports and Memory card reader.

This is the model. HP Pavillion Touchsmart 23-h009 All in one. 

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04119361

For weeks I am not able to use because I am only getting a black screen. I'm going to attach an external monitor and see if I'll get any kind of display.

The computer turns on, no beeps, LED power light on, fan is quietly going but only a black scree.

HP Pavilion 23-h009; Win 8.1
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hpav-user That's right this particular device does not have an HDMI, VGA or DVI connector, the only thing you can use for an external monitor is this:

The USB 3.0 Port, which may work with an HDMI/VGA or DVI to USB adapter, you can buy one at the local store,

Although, I personally suggest you check with a local tech if one works before buying it, just to be safe.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ Riddle_Decipher,

Thanks for the response. I am looking around for a USB to HDMI adapter to try and see if connecting to a TV would bring any luck.

Right now I cannot take the computer to any technician's shop due to the lock down etc. So I'm trying to see what I can do on my own in the meantime.

Thanks again.

HP Pavilion 23-h009; Win 8.1
HP Recommended

@hpav-user That seems to be the only way around this, let us know if you need anything else,

And If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.