Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy23 D260QD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Machine was working normally, no recent additions or changes. Windows 10 installed about 1 year ago. Turned on the computer & had a blank screen, not black, no display at all. Power light & hard drive led lit and the fan worked. Wireless keyboard did not display lights for caps lock or num lock. Read that motherboard was most likely issue so I replaced it with a new one of the exact part #. Now the keyboard lights work & the display comes to life but it just flashes red, green, blue, white, black for a time then goes blank. I also then replaced the video card with the same results. I went through the troubleshooting docs from HP trying to reset BIOS but no luck. Any help???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @I-D1

Thank you for posting back.

Sure, please check with a different motherboard and check if it helps.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @I-D1

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to windows and the computer displays different colors.

I’d love to help!

As you have mentioned that you have already replaced the motherboard and the video card, I recommend you to try the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2dMCqb8

If the issue persists, I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for your input! I've already gone through all those steps multiple times...I'm now thinking that the "new" motherboard is defective since it works to some extent...brings the display to life & lights up the keyboard. I'm returning it for a refund & I'll look for another one. I'll keep you posted on what happens.
Thanks again for your help!
HP Recommended

Hi @I-D1

Sure, please check with a different motherboard and check if it helps.

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay, the latest update...I ordered another motherboard and...SUCCESS!!! Everything is back to normal again! So the first board was defective. What a hassle! Thanks for your support.

HP Recommended

Hi @I-D1

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.