Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Beats All-in-One - 23-n110xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been having trouble with the touch screen of my PC. A few weeks ago, the touch screen started malfunctioning for no apparent reason. It looks as if I'm repeatedly touching the screen on the upper right hand side of the monitor without me prompting it to do it. I don't use my touch screen at all, and I tried to see if it would be fixed by recalibrating the screen, but it did nothing. Because it keeps acting up, I am unable to use my computer. I've tried factory resetting my PC but I have trouble doing that as well. What should I do to fix this problem? Can I disable my touch screen to be able to use my PC?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @mal0316

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the touchscreen issue. 

Please try these steps - HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10)

To disable the touchscreen, try these steps - 

1. Search for and open regedit
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch
3. Create a new DWORD (32 bit) with the name TouchGate
4. Doubleclik on the newly ceated DWORD and make sure it has the value 0
(0 = touch disabled, 1 = touch enabled)
5. Restart the computer

Note - Backup the registry before making the changes - HP PCs - Backing Up, Editing, and Restoring the Windows Registry (Windows 10) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.