Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15 BS 179 TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Without knowingly I clicked on block option in hurry in desktop CAMERA.Am accessing my camera in remaining applications like skype etc.it say to access permissions in privacy settings,also i have done that too.but am not accessing in my CAMERA application.am using win 10 64 bit HP LAPTOP.also i attached a photo with this,check that once.Please resolve this problem with a solution to me guys

IMG_20190812_231507.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@HarshaRonnie Welcome to HP Community!

If you've got more than one antivirus program, please uninstall the most recent as they are known to have issues with privacy settings causing the camera to be blocked, if you continue to have issues or you have only one working antivirus program, please check if the camera works in safe mode: click here to know how to access the same.

If the issue persists, please reinstall the drivers by removing the same from the device manager and then restarting the computer for it to automatically reinstall the right drivers that should resolve the issue.

NOTE: 

The name of your webcam might display as USB Video Device, HP Webcam, USB 2.0 Camera, HP Pavilion Webcam, or similar. If you do not know the name, select a name to see if video displays. If not, try selecting other video device names until you see the video from your webcam display in the window. 

More details: Click here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tqsm sir.but i have resolved it in next 3 hours.I was about to think what the thinks i have done in recent times...I just uninstalled my expired licenced antivirus and installed KASPERSKY.after some time i got it and uninstalled that.then restarted my lappy.problem resolved..anyways tqs the solution.

HP Recommended

@HarshaRonnie I'm glad that the issue has been resolved, coincidentally its similar to what I had suggested, so please do mark my post as the solution to help others find the same solution you have and make it easier for the rest.

It's been a pleasure interacting with you,

Have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.