Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g series
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello sir/mam,

My laptop's F2 and F3 buttons are not working.I am unable to adjust the brightnss of my laptop.Please help me out.I need your help urgently.Please reply as soon as possible.

My hp pavilion g series specifications are:

Product:QG465PA#ACJ
Model:g4-1201TU

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Diksha139,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues with the brightness buttons on your HP notebook stopped working. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you take care of this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried to hold down the Fn key along with F2 and F3 to check if that helps

Did this happen after a recent update?

Have you tried to install the software?

In the meantime,  let's start off by installing the Chipset drivers as well as Bios and graphics card update for your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hii sir,
graphics driver is not fulfilling the minimum requirements on my laptop.At the time i had installed the driver,computer was showing the above mention error.I am unable to access my brightness button to adjust it.Please give some alternate of adjusting brightness without using brightness button.
Please reply as soon as possible.
HP Recommended

Hi @Diksha139,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you are having trouble installing the graphics drivers, don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help you resolve your issue.  I just wanted to check if you have tried updating the Bios and Chipset drivers and if you have tried could you please post the results of the troubleshooting steps for further assistance.

In the meantime, you could alternatively adjust the screen brightness using this method:

Right-click on Battery on the System tray - Click on adjust screen brightness option - On the lower bottom of the screen you have an option for Screen brightness, you can scroll the bar to adjust the screen brightness.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi sir, thanks for your directions but at the system brightness tray, brightness adjustment option is still missing.Please let me know if any application can help me to adjust the brightness.
Waiting for your quick response sir
HP Recommended
sir ,
actually i have changed my OS from windows 10 to windows 7.After the installation of windows 7 this problem had oocured.And i cant see the brightness adjustment option on right clicking battery icon at my system tray.Can you suggest any application through which i can adjust brightness .Please reply
HP Recommended

Hi @Diksha139,

Thank you for replying,

I would suggest you could try these options from Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Power options - Now look at the bottom right for Screen brightness option.

Unfortunately, there are no applications through which you can change the screen brightness. If the issue persists, I would suggest you revert back to Windows 10.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.