Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-b200 All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have craked and broken the glass screen of my HP Pavilion 24. The display works fine now that I have disabled the touch screen driver. Is it possible to buy a replacement glass and fit it myself? The display has a Bang and Olufson logo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Derek15

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I understand the website could be tricky at times,

No worries, I've pulled out the records and here's what I found:

801615-001 - Panel - 23.8",IPS,FHD,250nit,AG,ZBD,LGD (includes the glass and the entire display assembly)

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@Derek15

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the screen is cracked and you need information on replacing it,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you contact HP phone support to obtain these details?

If you haven't contacted HP yet, there's something you should know about repairs:

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, etc.) there could be a additional charges in such cases to get the computer repaired via HP service centers.

  

Alternatively, You could replace the part on your own, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here) or simply Contact HP for setting up a repair service via phone support: 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Riddle, I would like to repair it myself.

I find the HP spare parts web pages very difficult to use and not at all useful.

Could you tell me the part number which I need to order? Is it the Bezel Assembly - ODD, Marcus Touch, NT which a third party site says is part number 809974-001. I can't determine wether this part has the glass fitted or is the glass a separate part?

HP Recommended

@Derek15

It's great to have you back 😉

I understand the website could be tricky at times,

No worries, I've pulled out the records and here's what I found:

801615-001 - Panel - 23.8",IPS,FHD,250nit,AG,ZBD,LGD (includes the glass and the entire display assembly)

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again Riddle_Decipher

I have been on the HP Parts website with the part number you gave and got the following message when I tried to order:

"The following part(s) you entered were not found or not orderable:
801615-001  (This part is not yet available for purchase.)
"

Does this mean that HP sell equipment that you can't buy spare parts for?

This PC is less than 6 months old. I have purchased aroung 12 HP PC's over the last 2 years for personal business use and many more for corporate projects. I need to have more info from HP on their spare parts policy before I will buy HP again.

HP Recommended

@Derek15

I understand your concern and to answer your query, 

You should be able to get the same part from the local retailers as well, as I mentioned these part numbers are universal,

However, if you are not able to get the required information or part and your PC is less than 6 months old, simply contact HP and they'll replace the parts free of charge as the PC would have a standard 1yr hardware warranty, there could be charges for accidentally damaged parts though.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

any idea or suggestion where can I purchase genuine "863851-001 – FHD or 863852-001 – QHD" ?

HP Recommended

Hi @SAURABH1123

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this, they should be able to help. 

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

contacted 2 different HP service center agencies in the region, followed up for almost 2 years but none of them replied positively. do you have any functional solution ?

HP Recommended

Hi @SAURABH1123

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.