Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
2BD73PA#UUF
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

can someone help me, i cant open my camera? upon checking there's no camera in my device manager. how would solve my problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Rapunzel,

Inside the Device Manager click the Action button then Scan for Hardware Changes and see if the Webcam comes up, if it does, click on it.

If it does not then search in Device manager for Audio Inputs and Outputs, your Webcam should be there, right-click on it and remove it, then restart the computer to see if windows will install the webcam when it restarts.

You also have the option of using Windows Restore to restore the computer back to a date when you think the webcam was working.

There are other ways to scan for hardware that might work but the above methods usually do the trick.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.