Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 25es Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I bring up the OSD window, the window becomes semi-transparent - I can move the pointer in the window but  I can't click on any adjustment I want to make.  Is it because my display is connected HDMI?  I want the Technicolor setting which was the default setting of the monitor.  I've tried using the keyboard's up and down arrows and they don't highlight any setting - there is no movement whatsoever.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BobbiNRon

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. 

It'll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to fix your concern or address your query 😉 

As I understand the OSD cannot be adjusted using the mouse pointer,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

• Did you attempted to reset the OSD using the monitor buttons?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

The OSD menu is a part of the monitor and cannot be controlled by the mouse, you will have to use the monitor buttons to make the necessary changes.

Click here to go through the user guide for more guidance.

You may also download the latest drivers & software from the HP website: Click here to control the monitor from your computer (not the OSD).

Do get back to us as we have a few more tricks up our sleeves, 

Besides, we will follow up to ensure your concern is resolved,

That said, If we have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BobbiNRon

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. 

It'll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to fix your concern or address your query 😉 

As I understand the OSD cannot be adjusted using the mouse pointer,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

• Did you attempted to reset the OSD using the monitor buttons?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

The OSD menu is a part of the monitor and cannot be controlled by the mouse, you will have to use the monitor buttons to make the necessary changes.

Click here to go through the user guide for more guidance.

You may also download the latest drivers & software from the HP website: Click here to control the monitor from your computer (not the OSD).

Do get back to us as we have a few more tricks up our sleeves, 

Besides, we will follow up to ensure your concern is resolved,

That said, If we have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I did the available downloads and rebooted - voila!  ~  the monitor reverted to the factory default color setting automatically to "Technicolor" which gives me a much brighter screen!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

@BobbiNRon

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards identifying and leading you towards the solution for this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept my suggestions,

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.