Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-r0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My camera is not displaying any images, regardless of the software. It also doesn't show any images using the camera app. I have verified all drivers are up to date. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ukkid

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

1. Disconnect the webcam from the USB port and wait at least 10 seconds.

2. Restart the computer.

3. Wait until Windows fully loads, and then plug the webcam into a different USB port.

4. In Windows, type Device Manager into Search, and then select Device Manager in the search results.

5. Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcams.

6. Double-click a webcam device. The properties screen displays the Device status.

Figure: Webcam device working properly

Image of the properties screen when the webcam is working properly.
  7. If there are no Imaging devices, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.

Figure: Scan for hardware changes

Image of the Device Manager Action screen.
  8. If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

9. Make sure the webcam drivers and software are compatible with your version of Windows. Go to the webcam manufacturer's website to download and install any driver updates.

10. To automatically resolve several known problems with Windows recognizing the webcam, click the Microsoft Fix it Solution and try using the webcam again.

MS Fix it

11. If problems persist, test the webcam on another computer. If the webcam works correctly on another computer, use the HP Recovery Manager to restore all the system files back to a time when the webcam was working properly from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.