cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PavelP
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Can I daisy chain two hp z24n monitors connected to a laptop via upstream USB C port? (MST)

HP Recommended
z24n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have two z24n displays daisy chained to each other (MST, cables works fine).

If I connect them to my older laptop using DisplayPort cable/input, they work as expected - I see picture on all 3 displays and I can configure them as I want to (duplicate/extend, etc).

However, if I connect same monitors to my newer laptop (830 G6, Intel UHD graphics 620) using type-C cable (via USB type-c upstream port), I can see a picture only on the monitor that the laptop is connected to, but not the 2nd one.

The cable I'm using seems to be OK - it is Thunderbolt 3 that supports USB 3.1 gen2 (20Gb/s).

All drivers seems to be up to date.

So, are z24n supposed to work in this configuration (daisy chain using USB type-C upstream port)?

Or can they work ONLY if I physically use DisplayPort input.

Just in case, when I open Intel UHD Graphics control panel, I see that my z24n has "Connector Type: DisplayPort" when it's connected via USB type-C upstream port. UHD 620 is supposed to support 3 independent displays.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation