Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I am planning to buy  HP Envy 27-cp0007nq  All in One PC but I want to know if I can use this All in One PC as a monitor? Can I connect my laptop thos this All in One PC with a Thunderbolt4 (Type-C) or HDMI Cable?

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The external connectors are all output as far as I can see looking at a few specs

1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate; 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 AC smart pin; 1 headphone/microphone combo

You can certainly project your laptop onto your AIO so basically YES it can be used as a monitor but only for your laptop

Details here, just "exchange the names" as it describes using the laptop as the second monitor and you want to do the opposite.

https://www.techadvisor.com/article/731314/how-to-use-a-laptop-as-a-second-monitor.html

When projecting to the AIO you specify "extend" instead of "mirror" to get a second display.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hello Beemer,

Projecting to this PC is not the answer I am looking for. That feature in Windows works over network, refresh rate is slow. I want to know if I can connect my laptop to this All in One PC with a HDMI or Type-C cable so I can use the AIO as a monitor? Is this possible or not? Some old HP AIO models had HDMI in and HDMI Out ports but this newer generation HP Envy 27-cp0007nq  does not have HDMI in port. There is HDMI (I belive it is HDMI Out to connect a 2nd monitor to the AIO PC) and Thurderbolt4 type-C ports. The answer I am looking for is important to make a purcahse decision.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

hi

Back I/O ports

• (1) RJ-45 Ethernet port
  • (1) Headphone/microphone combo port
  • (1) HDMI 2.0 output port
  • (2) Thunderbolt 4 with USB4 Type-C 40Gbps signaling rate ports (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)
  • (4) USB Type-A 10 Gbps signaling rate ports
  • (1) Power input port

Side I/O ports

• (1) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port
  • (2) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports (5 Gbps signalling rate; Battery charging 1.2)
  • (1) HP 3-in-1 memory card reader

https://support.hp.com/emea_middle_east-en/document/c08151586

There is absolutely no possibility, via HDMI, only an output!
For the second option, maybe @BeemerBiker  has a solution, but personally, no idea, there are already quite a few problems, compatibility in the other direction, from what I have already read, so to connect in this type of case, I have more than one doubt!
But I don't know which recent model has the function

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, just wondering if you were able to resolve this? I was looking to purchase the same aio but only if I can connect my laptop to it. Discussed with hp live chat who said they didn’t think it would work through the thunderbolt port 

HP Recommended

You can project to it using WiFi or use a USB3 adapter (not same as cable) but the problem is lag & throughput.  It would work fine browsing the internet or working efficiency but you would never try to run a game on the laptop and have it display on the larger monitor.  Even a game like solitary would show lag over wifi or usb3

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.