Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi! I just recently buy my PC a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop - TG01 and im loving it, but i want to upgrade the GPU, im thinking about to buy the AMD RX 5700 XT with three fans. but im  a little worried if is goin to work i dont really kwon if i need to change something else i already upgrade the HDD and the RAM (16 GB) 

I would appreciate some help.

Thx guys!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

why post xxx for  models.> POST XXX CODE FIRST. and product # too for better answers,????😃

no current card told.😎

see my lastpost same applies to him and your.

i brief. this time.   12 makers of cards  and 10,000 models no 2 the same and endless vast options unlike anything else to buy for any PC. (upgrades) nothing is more complex .. GPU choices are endless, to a human.

• has to fit the X16 slot, and not hit anything, I use a  ruler inside PC (AC power pulled) learn to measure space first and is HP secret so only ruler works.
  • Then read the data sheet on the 10,000 cards, see if not too long,  even one model card (base) has 3 sizes. ?
  • must  not overload the PSU what PSU do you have? IDK.
  • must have AMD RX 5700 XT uses 235watt of power all by itself and a 500watt PSU or larger is best. IMO the maker of your cards data sheet clearly tells you PSU recommended for watts, did you look first? you must. and cables.
  • The last item is the PSU in HP are not ATX spec but we look to see if the 2 GPU AUX power cables are there. only looking works the service manuals at HP are devoid of these facts on PSU or cables. there, in fact PSU removal not even covered in their books, sad to say. (mostly I'm not reading them all ever) HP hates PSU specs why is the 8th wonder for the planet.😂

no HDD told, I look. please. best is 1tb SSD, for sure. price low now on 1TB, go 1TB. if M.2 no comments on price.

raM IS GOOD.

BEST IS BOOT FROM SDD NEVER EVER FROM HDD IT I S TOO SLOW.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.