Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-30-2022 11:19 AM
I bought a second monitor connected through hdmi to USB C cable in the front.
Desktop will not Connect. I have upgraded all drivers on both USB C and gratis card.
01-02-2023 12:34 PM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that the second monitor is not detected, I am glad to assist you.
Update the Bios, chipset, and drivers using HP Support Assistant.
Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here
- HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also, ensure Windows is up to date.
- Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
01-22-2023 04:35 AM - edited 01-22-2023 04:40 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are facing issues with your HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-1000a (2W847AV) wherein the external monitor is not getting detected through USB port.
The USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port (5 Gbps data transfer) is not a thunderbolt port. Hence, it cannot be connected to a monitor.
You may check the motherboard specifications from this Weblink.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community