Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP TP01-1026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm unable to get HDR option on this desktop, the toggle is not there in display settings and display capabilities all say No for HDR. I have a 4k HDR capable display (Vizio PX75-G1) connected via a HDMI 2.0 cable. I've updated all drivers including the latest Intel UHD 630 driver. I tested the same display and cable with another desktop (with an Nvidia graphics card) and HDR works and is capable of enabling there, so I've determined that the problem is with this HP desktop. Everywhere I've read suggests that Intel UHD 630 is supposed to support HDR, is there anything else I can try?

Desktop product number is 9EE17AA#ABA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hc20   Don't quote me on this but doing a little reading all over the net, your motherboard (Baker) is supposedly only using HDMI 1.4, not 2.0.  Thus 1.4 is only able to handle up to a total of 10.2 Gbps. Your 4K HDR will use up more than that.

If this is true of that motherboard, I think that could be your bottleneck.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hc20   Don't quote me on this but doing a little reading all over the net, your motherboard (Baker) is supposedly only using HDMI 1.4, not 2.0.  Thus 1.4 is only able to handle up to a total of 10.2 Gbps. Your 4K HDR will use up more than that.

If this is true of that motherboard, I think that could be your bottleneck.

HP Recommended

Ah, that makes sense. I should’ve researched the motherboard specs. Thank you

HP Recommended

You are quite welcome. Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.