Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
27-R079a serial [edit]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC is only 4 months old - no add ons - still original as pirchased.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@sieby

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, the screen goes blank, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Are you connecting your PC to an external monitor?

What is the On-screen message that shows on the display? 

Have you connected the HDMI cable to an HDMI out or HDMI in port?

Have you checked with a USB Type-C cable to the USB Type-C Thunderbolt port on the computer?

While you respond to that, you could try these steps from the link: Click here

Reset the display

On-screen message shows on the display

Inspect the video cable and video connectors for damage

Check cable connections

Connect the computer to another display

Reset and update the BIOS

Change the display resolution

Disable the power settings in BIOS

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I just got it today and set it up  but then the screen shows check hdmi cable and i tried restarting it but same thing again 

HP Recommended

Have the same problem. Nothing to do with connecting any HDMI cables at all; don't have anything connected by HDMI cable. The problem arrises when trying to boot up the system; an error message appears on screen "Check HDMI-IN cable". Appears that the system is looking for a boot disc that it thinks is connected via HDMI. There is no external bot disc! It's just failing to boot from the internal drive. Solution please.

HP Recommended

@Gggggggggg Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.