Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z38c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I would like to purchase a display HP Z38c for my computer HP 570-p033w. However, will they be compatible with each other? On my PC there is HDMI 1.4, but for 4K you need HDMI 2.0. Will it work in this case in 4K definition and 60Hz? Graphic card Intel HD Graphics 630 allows it. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/fr/fr/ark/products/97128/intel-core-i7-7700-processor-8m-cache-up-...

it seems that it is possible

but you will probably have performance issues in some cases!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for your fast answer! But will HDMI  1.4 at the PC pass the resolution 4K at 60hz?

HP Recommended

I do not recommend the 4k with an integrated chip

I have explanatory links, but in French ...

https://www.lesnumeriques.com/tv-televiseur/point-sur-connecteur-hdmi-a2421.html

support for 4K at 24 Hz and Ultra HD at 30 Hz,

HDMI 1.4 already supports 4K and Ultra HD broadcasting, it is limited to 24 frames per second in 4K (4096 x 2160 px) and 30 frames per second in Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 px). Version 2.0 validated in September 2013 aims to overcome these constraints thanks to a bandwidth of 18 Gb / s. HDMI 2.0 can reach 60 images per second in 4K and thus it is compatible with the new HFR standard, for High Frame Rate, which allows broadcasting at precisely this frequency.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help! It seems I will need to install an external graphic card, since the only free slot is currently occupied by a sound card. 

HP Recommended

⬇️

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.