Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day!

I would be very grateful for your help !!!

I have monitor Samsung S24E650DW with resolution 1920x1200.

Monitor has Ports  DVI ,VGA, DISPLAY PORT.

I have computer HP PAVILION 690-0000NJ 

with DVI (Dual Link) resolution 2560x1600x32bpp@60Hz

HDMI resolution 4096 x2160x24 bpp@60Hz (HDMI 2.0).

Display Port Resolution 5120x3200x24bpp@ 60Hz

1,How best to connect my computer and my monitor to maximize the potential of the monitor and computer?
2,How can you explain this?

3,Can I use an adapter DVI-VGA for my computer to connect to VGA Monitor ?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@grigtar
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

You can use DVI to VGA adapter. Connect this adapter to the DVI port on the computer and then connect the VGA cable from the monitor or TV into the adapter.
To Change the screen resolution and the text size on your computer with Windows.

1. Right-click the desktop, and then click Display settings or Screen resolution.

2. If you have more than one display, click the image of the display you want to adjust.

3. On the Resolution drop-down menu, select the desired resolution, and then click Keep changes, OK, or Apply.

HP recommends using the native resolution, which is marked Recommended, in most cases.

Resolution drop-down menu in Display settings

4. Change the font size.

• Windows 10: On the Change the size of text, apps, and other items drop-down menu, select the desired size.
      select the desired size, and then click Apply.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.