Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 23-g013 all in one desktop pc

My daughter was sitting at the computer yesterday when the screen went staticy. We turned it off and today when we turn it on it's all a black light. What can I do? I have to work today on this computer please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Sorry to hear this. Is this your PC (Link)?

What operating system?

Any mouse activity on the black screen?

Look, it could be a hardware problem requiring service or a Windows Update problem.

Need more info.

Regards

HP Recommended

Yes it is my computer. We use it for the kids homework and for my side work.  I am kinda computer illiterate so please bare with me. Windows 10 I believe. When turned on you can see a fai t glow but nothing on the screen at all, just black. When the screen times out and wiggle the mouse light comes back on. 

HP Recommended

Hi HTerry,

Thanks for verifying the product number and the operating system.

I think you may have a hardware problem if you have a black screen with no mouse activity on the screen.

I can't isolate a hardware problem or an operating system problem using the information you are providing.

It could also be a Windows 10 Update issue. 

Start the PC.

Tap "ESC" to see if you can get to the HP EFI "Startup Menu". You have a system problem if you cannot run this command.

Your PC is circa 2014 and it shipped from HP with Windows 8.1.

I would have a local PC tech take a look.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.