Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-In-One 24-k0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I'm trying to connect an additional monitor to this all in one computer via HDMI and it doesn't want to work. The additional monitor (samsung) keeps switching between analog, hdmi 1 and hdmi 2, eventually it stops and just kind of sits there black. 

I thought okay, maybe it's the hdmi cord or my monitor just isn't working. So i plugged them into my older HP Envy Laptop and it's working just fine. 

So I'm honestly not sure what's happening. I click "detect" in the display settings and it just says didn't detect another display. 

ANY help would be SUPER appreciated!! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@HeatherDanielle 

What is your HP Pavilion All-In-One 24-k0xxx  ? What is its HDMI port IN or OUT ? I use the following machine to answer your question

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-k0205st

it has the following ports at its back

• (1) HP 3-in-1 memory card reader (supports Secure Digital (SD, SDHC, and SDXC))
  • (1) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C (5 Gbps data rate)
  • (3) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A (5 Gbps data rate)
  • (1) HDMI 2.0/ HDCP 2.2 output port
  • (1) HDMI 2.0/ HDCP 2.2 input port
  • (1) Power input port
  • (1) RJ-45/Ethernet port

Therefore you can only use ONE HDMI port for another monitor

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.