Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 34 AiO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

The  Envy 34" All-In-One has an HDMI In port. If I connect an 1080 HD TV set-top box to this the image is stretched/distorted on the screen. Normally with monitors there is a configuration button to control how input is displayed (stretch, letterbox, etc). However I can't find any way of doing this with the Envy.

Obviously this would needs to be a hardware level change i.e. outside of Windows, as the HDMI input to the screen does not go through Windows.

If it can't be changed any way it seems (to me) to make the HDMI In option of very limited value.

Any thoughts/suggestions? 

Cheers,

Graham

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Use the on screen display menu to adjust the display output to match the input to 1920 x 1080.

See the user manual - page 15

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05392774

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

That is what I expected to find. However, the monitor with my All-In-One doesn't have any controls/buttons to bring up menus to make such configuration changes.

This is my model: HP ENVY Curved 34-b102na All-in-One

Cheers,

Graham

HP Recommended

Hi @Grahamcu 

Sorry I did not catch it the first read.

I will have to ask HP internally. The motherboard  of your AIO actually does have an HDMI-in and an HDMI output port. The manual does not describe how to use it. It may take a while before I get a response, so please be patient.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Many thanks and, no problem, my original post was probably not that clear.

Hopefully your links internally might uncover something.

Cheers,

Graham

HP Recommended

Hi @Grahamcu

Nope, your post was clear, I just misread and did not see the AIO. Ehh. 

I am waiting for a response from two HP internal desktop PC Gurus.  Unfortunately it is the weekend, so I expect to hear something at beginning of the coming week. I was also surprised to see that the manual had no explanation.

Cheers,

Erico

@Grahamcu 

An HP Desktop PC guru is taking a look at one of these in his lab. I should probably hear back from him in a day or two.

Have you take a look at the setup guide? There appears to be a selection of HDMI-in  in the OSDS menu. You may also be able to select the resolution there as well.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05278141

34inchAIO.png

OSD_Menu.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.