Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 34 inch All-in-One Desktop PC 34-c1000 (4G584AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everybody,

I just got my HP ENVY 34 inch All-in-One Desktop PC 34-c1000 and I am very happy with it.
I would like to ask your opinion before doing anything wrong:

- I have a standalone PC, which I would like to connect to the HP Envy, so using the big screen for my old PC. The HP Envy has (stays in the description) 1 HDMI and 3 DisplayPorts. It seems the HDMI is only "Out", so I cannot connect my PC to it. However, where are the DisplayPorts???

- If I connect my laptop with an USB-C to one of the Thunderbolt-Ports (HP Envy Desription: 2 Thunderbolt™ 4 mit USB4™ Type-C® 40 Gbit/s Signalrate (USB-Stromversorgung, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep und Charge) I will also be able to use the display of the HP Envy to mirror my laptops screen, true?

I hope my questions are not too nooby, thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rameni,

Thank you for your response, as I previously mentioned this PC does not have an Input port to convert the monitor into an external display. 

Thunderbolt port supports you to extend additional monitors.

Keep me posted.

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @rameni,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you need information regarding your HP ENVY 34 Inch All-In-One Desktop PC 34-C1000 (4G584AV) . Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To answer your question: It does not have a suitable HDMI In port, only an out port. You can extend the HP Envy All-In-One PC to other displays but cannot use this as an external monitor. 

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

thank you for reply. I understood and accept the answer regarding the HDMI OUT port.

However, can a Thunderbolt port be used as a Display-In? How about the "Display Ports" which I seem not to find?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@rameni,

Thank you for your response, as I previously mentioned this PC does not have an Input port to convert the monitor into an external display. 

Thunderbolt port supports you to extend additional monitors.

Keep me posted.

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, it is too bad, but I guess one cannot do anything. Too bad that HP didn't provide this not cheap All-In-One a Video-In possibility, it would have been practical to use the 34"-inch screen for a laptop as well 😞 

Your time is much appreciated and your answer thankfully marked as solution.

Best regards! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.