SarahLY
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Connect a second monitor to extend screen

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23-o014 All-in-One Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help. I have been trying for over a month now to get a second monitor hooked up to extend my screen. I will get to the point that it shows it working, even the sound stops because it can sense the second monitor but it will not display anything on the second screen. My all in one is my main device. It will let me connect to a laptop using the all in one as my second screen but I need it to be primary. Can someone please help!

1 REPLY 1
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
11,004 10,595 1,025 3,124
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

According to the spec page for that model, the HDMI port at the lower left is a HDMI input.  That means it will not be able to support an external monitor but the primary display can act as an external monitor for another drvice, as you already know with this statement " It will let me connect to a laptop using the all in one as my second screen".

Your device has USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports.  In order to use an external monitor as a second display, you will need to use a USB to HDMI/VGA/DVI monitor.  Similar to this

https://www.newegg.com/plugable-technologies-uga-165/p/0Y3-002V-00009

OR

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Graphics-Multiple-2048x1152-1920x1080/dp/B00A2E1MQA

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation