Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-b050se
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Can I use my All-in-one as a regular monitor for a laptop by purchasing a VGA to HDMI converter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @CatScanned,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to use your HP All in one Desktop as an extended display. I would like to provide my suggestion.

Have you checked the specifications of your All-in-one computer?

To the best of my knowledge, the display ports available on the All-in-one computer are only Display OUT ports. They do not work as a display IN. 

If you want you can connect another monitor to your All-in-one computer using the HDMI port available. However, you cannot use the All-in-one computer as a monitor.

It is similar to the video ports on any graphics cards, they only work as Video OUT and not Video IN.

Please click here for the specifications of the computer 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @CatScanned,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to use your HP All in one Desktop as an extended display. I would like to provide my suggestion.

Have you checked the specifications of your All-in-one computer?

To the best of my knowledge, the display ports available on the All-in-one computer are only Display OUT ports. They do not work as a display IN. 

If you want you can connect another monitor to your All-in-one computer using the HDMI port available. However, you cannot use the All-in-one computer as a monitor.

It is similar to the video ports on any graphics cards, they only work as Video OUT and not Video IN.

Please click here for the specifications of the computer 

Let me know if this helped. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was afraid of that.  Didn't think I'd need it for that reason when I bought it.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.