Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a work laptop Lenovo Thinkpad and I'd like to use my Envy all-in-one as the second screen for it. The laptop has a VGA output and I need to know what cable I need to get and possibly what drivers to install on the HP?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@liinajb , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying. The product number is 1POC3EA#ABU

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @liinajb!  Thank you for the additional information.  However, please check the product number because it appears to be incorrect.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@liinajb 

While you're getting the correct product info for @old_geekster take a look a the back of the All-in-One.  Video is usually connected via HDMI jacks.  If there are two jacks, one will be Input, the other Output -- and if you connect the video cable to the Input jack it should work.  But if there is only one HDMI jack, it is Output and connecting anything to that is wasting your time.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
Spoiler

Thank you, I do have 2 HDMI ports. Assuming then that something like this would work? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Plated-Computer-Projector-Chromebook-Raspberry/dp/B07CTK4TH4/ref=asc_d...

HP Recommended

@liinajb 

I don't have any access to a Thinkpad, so I have no idea what works and what does not.

My guess is that if it puts a video signal out the HDMI jack and your AIO has an input jack, you should be able to do what you want to do.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.